Ad Materials Policy
Updated: January 2017
- If you have an ad that requires updates throughout the year, we are happy to accept new ad files, or to make any necessary changes for you. All you need to do is contact your salesperson before each deadline with the changes you would like to see, or submit a pdf based on our ad sizing specifications.
- If you have an ongoing ad and we do not receive a request for changes or a new submitted file by the deadline, we will continue to run the previous ad until you instruct us otherwise.
- We will continue to send “Ad Materials Request” reminder emails, approximately 1 week prior to each deadline. If we don’t hear from you by the deadline, we will assume nothing needs to be changed.
Thank you for supporting our community newspapers and magazines. Your support makes our publications possible.
As always, feel free to contact us at (612) 825-9205 if you have any further questions.
Owner / Publisher, Minnesota Premier Publications
Ad Creation and Approval Process
Our talented designers can create an ad for you, or you’re welcome to submit your own.
Submitting your own ad to MPP
Clients may choose to design and submit their own ads. In this case, files should meet the below specifications, and be submitted by the materials deadline to your Account Executive or email@example.com. We do a brief quality check and preflight on all submitted ads to ensure they will print accurately.
See a full list of our ad sizing specs here, and review our deadlines for ad submission.
- The preferred PDF export setting is PDF/X-1a.
- When creating a PDF, please embed your fonts
- Resolution of images needs to be 300 DPI.
- We do not accept Microsoft Publisher or PowerPoint files.
- Do not reverse the ad dimensions. All dimensions are provided width x height.
- We print using process color (CMYK), so files should not use any RGB, spot or indexed colors.
- All black text should be 100% black (C=0 M=0 Y=0 K=100) for readability.
- Do not use text that is smaller than 7 point.
- Use at least a 9-point bold font for any reversed text (white text that is on an image or color).
- For files with bleeds, make sure to export with “Use Document Bleed Settings” box checked.
- Photoshop Users: Please save as a 300 DPI, CMYK JPEG file, not as a PDF.
Ads created by Minnesota Premier Publications
Each advertising contract includes the opportunity to have our accomplished designers create an ad or series of ads based on your direction. Advertisers work directly with their Account Executive and receive an emailed ‘proof’ to ensure the accuracy and approval of all design and copy.
This service is offered at no extra cost with up to three rounds of revision when first creating the ad. You may choose to continue beyond three rounds of revision and editing, and an hourly design fee will be applied.
Advertisers can make updates to their ad(s) for subsequent issues at any time, provided the changes are received prior to the materials deadline. The three rounds of revision reset for each issue the ad appears in.
Please be prepared to provide detailed information about what content and imagery you wish to see in your ad. Submit this information to your Account Executive in one email or document. This helps ensure we most accurately interpret your direction.
Helpful, not required:
- High-res files (300 dpi) for all branded or proprietary images and logos (.jpg, .png, .pdf, .ai or .psd). We can assist in choosing stock imagery for generic pictures as needed
- A write-up of all essential text to be included in the ad
- Contact information to include: address, phone number, website, email
- Previous promotional materials that you may want us to reference for design
- Link to your website if it uses a similar design to what you’d like to see in the ad
- Mock-up or sketch of ad layout, if desired
Provide this information to your Account Executive and they will return a proof from our design department for you to review. Any changes you’d like to make to the first proof initiates the first round of revision. It is preferred that you take a moment to review the ad in its entirety and provide your changes in one exchange to ensure we are able to meet all requests accurately.
Questions about ad materials or the ad approval process? Contact us at 612-825-9205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.